Wednesday, June 18, 2008

01.35am… Awake, beside the one who moves me.

I feel her nudge
A slight carress
Seep subtly through
Slumber most sweet

I turn to her
She sleeps right on
I steal a look
One slow sweet stare

And through the dark
Behold her face
In constant glow
Of beauty pure

In silent hues
Of nature’s gift
Loveliness true
Makes my soul ache

And then she turns
Too great a view
To be sustained
Even so long.


I hadn't written anything in a long while till this poem. It was a burst of sweet relief to find that my muse had finally smiled on me with sweet sweet grace. I am alive!!!

8 Comments:

At June 18, 2008 at 8:21 AM , Blogger lost-not yet found said...

Hmmm

 
At June 18, 2008 at 8:25 AM , Blogger lost-not yet found said...

What can I say bros? Props to you... the blood sings true!

 
At June 19, 2008 at 12:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Shows how much of breathe you really have in you bro.
Way to go!

 
At June 19, 2008 at 12:24 AM , Blogger Nicholdave said...

Not bad; you still got the touch... I'm relieved for you as well following your concerns of non-literary activities in a long time.

 
At June 19, 2008 at 3:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Nice one.
Pls keep it up man.
u know its a rare gift.
hope u post another one soon.

 
At June 19, 2008 at 7:40 AM , Blogger kyrian said...

Tosin, am glad u r up again.keep it up.But u have to come out more. No criticisms yet.
come out more!

 
At June 23, 2008 at 5:52 AM , Blogger Osoro said...

Really impressed. surprised though, 'cos i didnt think you to be the poet. silly me shei?

 
At July 19, 2008 at 8:29 AM , Blogger Thandiwe said...

awww..me likey..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home